School Health Services
Welcome to the Ashburnham-Westminster Regional School District School Health Services Department. We are here to provide your student(s) with a safe and healthy environment in which they can thrive both physically and emotionally throughout their school age years. Our door is always open, so please feel free to contact us at any time with questions or concerns.
Food Allergies & Medication
- All dietary restrictions need to be emailed directly to Chartwell Food Services Director Dennis Mueller at email@example.com on an annual basis before the first day of school.
- Students entering K, 3, 6 and 9 are required to submit a current physical exam prior to the beginning of the school year. Any medical changes should be submitted to your school nurse on an as needed basis.
- All emergency, daily and as needed medication must have a yearly Physician’s Order, Legal Guardian Consent Form and Labeled Medication with the Label matching the information on the Physician’s Order before it can be administered. Please ensure your school nurse has all emergency medication before your child starts school.
- At this time, requirements for health screenings (vision, hearing, height, weight, postural, and SBIRT) pursuant to M.G.L. c.71, §§57 and 97 and 105 CMR 200.400 and 105 CMR 200.500 remain suspended, per the Order of The Commissioner of Public Health Exempting School Committees or Boards of Health from Conducting Health Screenings issued on April 28, 2020. The Commissioner reserves the right to rescind this suspension of screening requirements during the 2020-2021 school year; once the waiver is lifted, screening should resume as soon as possible. The Department will provide guidance for resuming screenings. If you have any concerns about your child and would like to refer them, please contact your nurse directly.
- Please refer to AWRSD Covid-19 Health Services Link often for changes made at the local, state or federal level.