Armed Forces Recruitment
Oakmont Regional High School provides times for recruiters to be available to our students during some lunches. Federal regulations require us to supply names and contact information of our students to recruiters. If you want your student’s information to be withheld please contact our guidance office in writing.
Basic School Supply List
A sling bag or other small bag (We discourage students from carrying large backpacks during the school day)
A 2 GB or larger flash drive (to save computer files and documents)
A calculator (some Math or Science teachers require a specific type of calculator, so it might be best to wait until school begins)
No. 2 pencils or mechanical pencils
Ballpoint pens (blue or black are best)
Four spiral-bound or composition notebooks (one for each course)
A three-ring binder with at least four dividers (one for each course)
Four pocket folders (one for each course)
Loose-leaf notebook paper
A three-hole punch
A small notebook to record assignments
A calendar for scheduling events and due dates
Teachers may recommend other supplies based on specific course requirements.
Students may bring electronic devices to school, however we ask that they follow school rules regarding use of those devices and keep them secure to avoid theft, loss or damage.
College Related Information
You can find all the college related information you might need on the Guidance section of our website.
College Visits (Juniors and Seniors)
- The student must be a SENIOR or JUNIOR in good academic standing
- Parent, Guidance and Administration must sign the form
- Parents should call the school the day of the visit to verify the absence
- A signature from a College Admissions Officer is required
- Student must return the form to the Main Office after the visit (the absence will be considered unexcused until the completed form is returned to the office
- Juniors can take up to two excused visits per school year and seniors up to three excused per school year
National Honor Society
Payment and Fees
Plus Portals Info
To access your parent account:
Click on the Parent PlusPortal link on the ORHS website (under Parent Resources).
Enter your username and password. You will originally be given a temporary password that will prompt you to change your password (must include at least one capital letter) before you officially log in to the site.
Need help? Contact email@example.com if you have not received an account activation email, please email support, leaving your full name, your child’s name, and the grade he/she is in.
Some features of the Parent PlusPortal are:
- Access to your child’s information anytime, anywhere using a web browser, smartphone, or tablet
- One login to view all of your children’s data
- Student class schedules
- Combined calendars
- School and class alerts helping you stay informed
- Class pages
- Homework posted
- Quick summary screen shows latest grades posted for a quick look at how your child is doing academically
- School directory
The following link has interactive guides on what to expect in the portal. It is an excellent resource that will help you navigate the portal effectively.
Recommended books on grandparents raising grandchildren
- Don’t Let Your Kids Kill You by Charles Rubin
- HELP I’m Raising My Grandkids by Harriet Hodgson, BS, MA
- Grandparents as Parents by Sylvie de Toledo and Deborah Edler Brown
- Courageous Love by Laura Montane Bailey, LMFT
- When Our Grown Kids Disappoint Us by Jane Adams, Ph.D.