Dear JRB Parents,
The upcoming week promises to be very exciting for us at JRB. Please remember that Wednesday, September 20th is the first half-day of school. If your child will be dismissed differently than usual please email Becky Pilsbury at email@example.com. On the half-day, Extended Day and parent pick-up students will be dismissed at 11:45AM to their designated locations and students going home at buses will be dismissed at noon.
Extended Day has no more spaces available on Wednesday afternoon for additional students. Also, if your child will be at Extended Day on Wednesday and you did not order a lunch for him/her you will need to provide one.
We are starting CHORUS!!! on Monday, September 25th for any interested 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade student. Chorus will be before school with our new chorus director, Mindy Lorden. There is a sign-up flyer with more infromation attached to this email.
The first PTA meeting of the year is scheduled for Wednesday, September 20th at 6:30PM in the JRB library. Please consider joining us to learn how you can become involved with the JRB PTA.
READY SET GLOW UPDATE
The students and staff are very excited about our Ready, Set, Glow event scheduled for this Friday, September 22nd from 6:30PM-8:00PM. If you have not bought tickets yet, you can buy them throughout the week or on the night of the event.
Pick-up of Pre-ordered T-shirts:
Shirts are available for pick-up at school Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 6:30AM-6:00PM during the school day so you can wear them to the event. Please talk to the office staff about getting your t-shirt.
Checking In at the Event:
- If you ordered a t-shirt and picked it up before the event, you do not need to check in at the event. This will serve as your check in and you will receive your door prize tickets at this time (free with admission). Door prize tickets will be selected around 7:30PM and you do not need to be present to claim your prize.
- If you ordered tickets but no t-shirt or did not pre-order tickets, check in at the registration table at the event so that you can receive your door prize tickets (free with admission).
- We expect to have a very limited supply of t-shirts available for purchase at the door.
Additional Raffle Prizes:
In addition to the door prizes that you get a ticket for when you pay for admission, there will be some great raffle items available so please stop by the table and buy a few raffle tickets. The cost of the tickets is $1 for 2 tickets, 10 tickets for $5 and 30 tickets for $10. All proceeds will be placed in a fund to be used to purchase an adaptive and inclusive playground.
- Two Wachusett Mountain Lift Tickets (2 Sets) donated by the Crowley Family
- 360 Gymnastic Classes-1 Month
- 360 Gymnastic Ninja Classes-1 Month
- 2 Passes Southwicks Zoo Passes
- 2 Tickets to Santa’s Village
- Mt. Wachusett Fitness Center Swag Bag and One Year Family Membership
- Scentsy Basket
- Shopping Bag (Maki’s, Target and BJ’s gift cards)
- Kids Movie Basket
- Lake Themed Gift Basket
- Wooden Toy Basket
- Snyder Pool Gift Basket
- Longhorn Steakhouse Gift Basket
- Mo Willems Basket
- Paper Store Basket
- Movie Swag Basket
- Restaurant Gift Card Basket
- Criss Angel Mindfreak Tickets at Foxwooods
*More raffle items could be posted the night of the event.
Please DO NOT SEND IN T-SHIRT ORDERS AT THIS TIME. T-SHIRT ORDERS ARE CLOSED as of 9/8/17. We may have some extra T-shirts that can be purchased the night of the event on a first come first serve basis.
This is not a race, but rather a fun night where FAMILIES WILL ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE TOGETHER! Individuals of all fitness levels are welcome! THIS IS A FAMILY EVENT, NOT A DROP OFF EVENT. CHILDREN MUST HAVE A REGISTERED ADULT WITH THEM TO PARTICIPATE. You are responsible for your children at this event. Safety is important, as it will be getting dark. Strollers are welcome, no pets please.
IF YOU REGISTERED A CHILD WITHOUT AN ADULT, YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER AN ADULT (18 yr. or older) TO ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE AT THIS EVENT WITH YOUR CHILD. CHILDREN CANNOT PARTICIPATE WITHOUT AN ADULT. Please complete/return the attached registration form and waiver if you need to add an adult for your child/children. Cost is $5.00 per participant.
IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO ADD A PARTICIPANT OR REGISTER. YOU MAY STILL PREREGISTER OR REGISTER AT THE EVENT 9/22/17 at 6:15PM.
It’s GLOWING to be a FUN NIGHT!
The entire JRB community extends a great deal of appreciation to Troy Berg, JRB Physical Education teacher and his wife, Laura Berg, for organizing this family event. Also, please know that many parents and staff have volunteered their time and commitment to help us start to raise funds for an adaptive and inclusive playground but more importantly for creating a fun-filled event that allows us to spend a night together walking, dancing and laughing.
See you Friday Night…don’t forget to illuminate your outfits!
Andrea McGrath, JRB Principal
Jennifer Lilley, JRB Assistant Principal
FALL DATES TO REMEMBER
- Wednesday, September 20th: Half-day of School (EXD and parent pick-up students dismissed at 11:45AM and Buses at 12:00PM.)
- Wednesday, September 20th: PTA Meeting at 6:30PM in JRB Library
- Friday, September 22nd-Ready Set Glow Family Event (See attached flyer)
- Thursday, October 5th-International Walk to School Day (Information to follow in future emails.)
- Friday, October 6th-No School Due to Professional Development for Staff
- Monday, October 9th-No School Columbus Day
- Thursday, October 12th-Half-Day of School for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, October 19th-Half-Day of School for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Ready Set Glow Registration
- Chorus Sign-Up Flyer