Dear students, staff, parents, and community members,
It is my distinct privilege to be joining the Ashburnham Westminster Regional School District. It is readily apparent that our schools are filled with students eager to learn, staff members dedicated to providing the best possible learning experiences within and beyond the classroom, and families and community members who truly value education. It is my hope that together we will celebrate and build upon all that is great about our schools while always being reflective and looking for opportunities to make students’ experiences even better.
From me, and from our team, you can expect a few things.
- First, you can expect that we will always put our students first and approach each and every decision with a sincere desire to do what is best for kids.
- You can also expect that we will operate as a team, not as a hierarchy, putting classrooms at the center of our organizational chart and focusing our efforts around our core work of teaching and learning.
- You can expect we will welcome families and community members as full partners in our schools and value all of their unique perspectives and expertise.
- You can expect us to communicate with all stakeholders as often and as clearly as we can and for this communication to be two-way as we seek to listen more than we tell.
- Finally, you can expect that keeping all of our students safe while ensuring that they are truly known, supported and challenged will drive our daily efforts. We will work tirelessly from the day students enter our system through high school graduation to ensure that they all leave AWRSD poised to define and achieve their own goals to do good in the world while doing well at things they are passionate about.
I know that we are all entering a summer of uneasiness and uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent economic downturn. Questions remain about services and programs this summer and what exactly school will look like when we return this fall. Please rest assured that we will be in constant communication as we know more and will be looking for your input and guidance throughout. Together, we can and will provide a safe and engaging learning experience for all of our students despite these challenging times.
I very much look forward to getting to know each of you and working collaboratively to ensure that every child in the Ashburnham Westminster Regional School District receives an education that is second to none.
Dr. Todd D. Stewart,
Superintendent of Schools
Superintendent of Schools